CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO) | Posted 11/18/2022
Be part of a firm that values you as an individual, is interested in helping you grow and succeed as a professional, and has an underlying emphasis on teamwork, work/life balance, and exceptional client service.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for managing and overseeing operational functions of the firm, providing managerial direction to shareholders and staff by advising on strategic planning and organizational development and proactively addressing human capital and strategic workforce strategy. The COO champions the overall organizational health and culture of the firm, and works closely with the Board of Directors, CEO and Shareholders of the firm for oversight and integration of the operational functions, plan execution, system or procedural enhancements, and budgeting for the organization.
Qualities and Leadership Capabilities:
- Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to analyze complex concepts, variables and risk.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Successful experience in managing people, teams, and priorities.
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written and public presentation.
- Strong IT acuity with the ability to leverage technology to improve firm operations.
- Ability to assimilate information to formulate effective strategic plans for optimum organizational results.
- Proven leader with the ability to successfully coach and mentor at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of firm and client information.
- Extensive understanding of firm products and services.
- Ability to effectively negotiate contracts, vendor services, and other third party providers for cost-effective and quality outcome for the firm.
- Must be able to work with a diverse constituency requiring commitment to collaboration and alternating viewpoints.
You’re an ideal candidate if you have the following traits:
- Willing to review data, give specifics and work within priorities.
- Will initiate focus, provide order and help design systems and establish procedures.
- Willing to participate in innovation, try alternatives and respond to imposed deadlines.
Your principal duties and responsibilities will include:
- Firm Operations: Direct initiatives set forth by the shareholder team for firm operations, organizational development and human capital.
- Finance: Provide financial oversight with respect to the firm’s budget and financial policies and advise on areas for further development and improvement.
- Leadership and Strategy: Provide leadership and consult with/advise shareholder team in areas of organizational health, culture and growth strategy.
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university
Minimum 8 years professional management experience which should include operations and management strategies.
As a member of the DunlapSLK team you will receive:
- A flexible, hybrid working environment (some in-office days required)
- Core office hours are 9 am to 5 pm M-F (may require extra hours/weekend work)
- Reduced summer work hours
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) match and profit sharing
- Firm-provided Continuing Professional Education
At DunlapSLK, we place the highest value on relationships. Relationships with our clients, with other professional service providers and with the internal team members who comprise the very heart of our firm. With our staff of more than 50 CPAs, consultants and support professionals, we provide a pleasant and friendly atmosphere that encourages you to utilize your skills and talents to achieve your individual goals and your greatest career potential.
Interested in joining our team? Click here. Please remember to upload your cover letter and resumé before submitting your application.