TAX MANAGER / CPA | Posted 07/25/2022
Be part of a firm that values you as an individual, is interested in helping you grow and succeed as a professional, and has an underlying emphasis on teamwork, work/life balance, and exceptional client service.
If you are a CPA and have 7+ years of public accounting tax experience, we invite you to join us as a Tax Manager with our Tax Services team.
As a Tax Manager with DunlapSLK, you will:
- Be valued as an integral part of our team
- Facilitate and manage the accurate and timely preparation and review of corporate, partnership and individual federal, state and local tax returns for privately held and family-owned business clients
- Develop tax strategies to help clients maintain compliance with local, state and federal tax laws and regulations
- Conduct tax research for compliance issues and planning
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments and communicate the effects of these developments to the Tax Services team
- Assist with staff training and regular staff updates
- Create strategies to capitalize on changes to tax legislation
- Manage and facilitate correspondence with the IRS and other tax authorities
- Serve as primary client contact and liaison for complex issues that staff are unable to resolve
- Contribute to the growth and success of the firm by providing ideas for process improvements
- Be provided with ongoing continuing education opportunities aimed at sharpening your technical skills, as well as internal training sessions designed to help you develop a personal network of business contacts, meet with prospective clients and cultivate referrals
- Be part of a community-minded firm and have the opportunity to give back to our local, regional and global communities through participation in our charitable outreach efforts
You’re qualified for the Tax Manager position if you:
- Have your CPA license (Masters in Taxation is a plus)
- Have a minimum of 7 years of public accounting tax experience
- Possess extensive individual, corporate and partnership tax knowledge and experience
- Have significant experience working in a paperless environment
- Can train, supervise, and manage staff including reviewing returns and related workpapers, providing review comments and following-up on comment resolution
- Possess outstanding attention to detail and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and imagination in your approach to work
- Exhibit excellent time management and organizational skills
- Are self-motivated and able to work independently but also a team player, establishing good working relationships with all team members
- Have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrate a commitment to exceptional client service and individual growth
CPA license required. Knowledge of PA tax law and experience with CCH ProSystem fx Tax and Engagement and CCH IntelliConnect/AnswerConnect software are pluses.
As a member of the DunlapSLK team you will receive:
- A flexible working environment, including hybrid and remote (work-from-home) options
- Reduced summer work hours
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) match and profit sharing
- Firm-provided Continuing Professional Education
At DunlapSLK, we place the highest value on relationships. Relationships with our clients, with other professional service providers and with the internal team members who comprise the very heart of our firm. With our staff of more than 50 CPAs, consultants and support professionals, we provide a pleasant and friendly atmosphere that encourages you to utilize your skills and talents to achieve your individual goals and your greatest career potential.
Interested in joining our team? Click here. Please remember to upload your resumé before submitting your application.