Resources For Individual Taxpayers

COVID-19 RESOURCE CENTER

IRS Issues Guidance on Executive Order to Defer Payroll Taxes

Late Friday, the IRS issued Notice 2020-65 entitled Relief with Respect to Employment Tax Deadlines Applicable to Employers Affected by the Ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disease 2019 Pandemic. This Notice provides guidance to employers on how to implement the...

Pandemic Planning: Tax Savvy Moves to Consider Now

It’s hard to believe we are already over half-way through 2020. Challenged with the COVID-19 crisis we have faced the unexpected, unanticipated, and unimaginable. Navigating this pandemic has caused us all to think differently and more strategically about all aspects...

IRS Notices: What You Need to Know

Did you receive a notice from the IRS advising you that you owe money for your 2019 tax return? Had you already paid the amount being requested? Unfortunately you are not alone. The IRS is currently working through an enormous backlog of mail due to the Coronavirus...

CARES Act | Recovery Rebates for Individuals

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act has made available over $300 billion for direct cash payments to most U.S. individuals and families. The rebate will consist of $1,200 per individual ($2,400 for joint filers), plus $500 per child....

CARES Act | Changes to Charitable Contributions

Charitable contributions have been itemized deductions for individual taxpayers. However, due to the high standard deductions, only 8% of taxpayers itemized. If a taxpayer was in that 8% they got a benefit from charitable contributions, if they were in the other 92%...

CARES Act | Pandemic Unemployment Assistance

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act expands unemployment benefits in four ways: Self-employed individuals and subcontracted individuals are now covered. In addition to state benefits that would normally be received the Federal government...

The material contained on this page and other areas of the DunlapSLK website is for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a basis for making any business, legal, or other decisions. This page and other areas of this website contain links to other Internet resources and are provided as aids to help you identify and locate resources that may be of interest. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and accurate, DunlapSLK makes no representation or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk.